#2: The World

     Here is card number 2: The World. This is the second card I made, and as you can probably tell was still trying to determine a style and medium. In illustrating this card, I used Copic markers for the first time in a very very long time and clearly my technique is a lil rusty. But hey, room for growth.
     The World card represents opportunity and achievement, and what could be a greater opportunity or achievement than the nurturing of new life? That's why I chose this representation; our children are our greatest achievements. We raise children up filled with dreams of all that they can be, inspired and hopeful by their endless potential for greatness. This depiction is also sort of how I picture a "Mother Earth" figure might look at us here on Earth: We are loved, we are sustained and nurtured by the vessel we inhabit, we are full of potential, there is so much outside of ourselves that we do not understand (and cannot until we leave), we are delicate, and of course we tend to give Earth mama a hard time.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this one! More to come :)

Love, Rachel
May 22nd, 2020

Comments

Popular Posts