#5: Knight of Swords


I think it's safe to say that this card marks an increase in confidence in my medium and style I'm choosing to use for the majority of these cards. With each card I make I can see my technique improving and getting more dynamic, which is exciting. I'm far from perfect, but I look forward to seeing how much I can grow within this project. 
The energy behind the Knight of Swords card is a bit aggressive and impulsive, but it's also about bravery and seizing the moment. The image portrayed here is a little ironic given that meaning, as the Knight seems to be in a state of rest and contemplation. However, I think a huge part of bravery that we often forget about is picking our battles and determining what truly deserves our energy. One of the most courageous things we can do is learn how and when to let go despite our ego telling us to react. But when situations do require action, the Knight is armed and ready to bring all the smoke.
If you take anything away from this card, remember that while it is important to assert yourself, be mindful of the energy you are letting other people and/or situations suck out of you. Often, it's just not worth it. Let go if and when you need to. Let go of all that is not within your control. 

Love, Rachel
May 25th, 2020

Comments

Popular Posts