Intro: Tarot Project 2020

   
     This year so far has been a very strange time for all of us. While for some, quarantine has been a time of deep introspection and self reflection. For others it has left many feeling isolated, anxious, and a bit dark. In my experience it has been both. Depression is something I've struggled with for some time, and during quarantine it has really taken its toll on me. If you're like me and you're someone who spends most of your time living in your head and weighed down by racing thoughts, you'll know that isolation and lapse of structure can easily send you spiraling downward. I barely finished my semester and struggled with many days in which merely existing became a burden. Despite putting the majority of my energy and concentration on prayer and growing closer to God, I could not seem to get out of that dark place. However, I've remained consistent in my prayers, meditation, and spiritual communion and I feel that I am slowly regaining some sense of purpose and motivation.
     Art has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, and was something I used to take quite seriously, primarily in high school. Since then, however, I've rarely found the time or inspiration to continue creating. Recently though, I've had a small burst of creative inspiration that has turned into my personal summer goal: to create a 78 card tarot deck by hand, all featuring my own art.
     I've only recently begun to look into the spiritual practices behind tarot and the meanings of each card. For me, my fascination lies mostly with the artwork and the different interpretations each artist brings to light. I really want to make this deck my own, artistically and spiritually. I want to use this as an opportunity to learn, grow, and strengthen communication with the Creator. In my artwork, I hope to represent a variety of faiths and spiritual/theological beliefs. I hope for this project to be a source of light and inspiration for others, just as much as it is for me.
     I'm only 6 out of 78 cards in so far, and I feel called to monitor and share my progress with you all moving forward, so that's what I'll be doing. I hope you enjoy my work, but please do not expect perfection because you will not find it here. I am hella rusty when it comes to my art and expect to make all sorts of mistakes. As a devout perfectionist (Virgo, anyone?) I am trying to work on my ability to embrace imperfection. At the end of the day I am doing this project for me, and if others are able to resonate that is just an added bonus. For now, I'm just excited to be creating again. It's a small goal, but a small sense of purpose can go a long way. I hope you enjoy!

Love, Rachel
May 19th, 2020

Disclaimers: This is for entertainment and artistic purposes only. I am not a spiritual expert, nor a psychic, and I do not claim/profess to have any spiritual "powers." While tarot, crystals, and other practices may be utilized to strengthen one's communication with the Source, I do not promote idolization of material items or flawed human interpretations. I do not wish to indoctrinate, claim any spiritual expertise, or position one faith over others. All I wish to promote is creativity, love, light, healing, and radiating positive energy. May you always be grounded in your purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts